Tapping School GDPR Agreement
Tapping School GDPR agreement sets out how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be stored and processed.
How We gather your personal information
- Information that you provide by emailing us via our website and via various therapy directories and platforms, or by phone to request further information about my psychotherapy service.
- Email at [email protected] or phone 07398598888.
- The pre-therapy questionnaire form.
- We use the platforms Zoom and Skype or Gmail. All these platforms are securely encrypted. Zoom has the facility to record sessions, which I will not use without your consent. Chat transcripts and therapeutic email exchanges will be destroyed either after the session or after therapy has finished and which will be agreed by both of us – Check GDPR legislation as it may require you to store information for a minimum of 3-5 years.
Where We store your personal data
- Personal data that we collect from you via any form of contact by email or phone will be kept securely.
- The pre-therapy questionnaire form, your contact details, and brief session notes are stored on an electronic database that is secure and password protected.
- The brief session notes are anonymous, using your initials only and will not include sensitive information.
Use of the information
- We use your contact details to allow us to provide you with information of the service that you request from us, to allow you to tell us about changes in your availability and to notify you about changes to our availability and any other relevant administrative changes such as new treatment plans.
How long we keep your information – GDPR legislation
- Text communication is deleted immediately while emails are purged once a month. After therapy has finished, your phone number will be deleted from our smart phone.
- We will retain your pre-therapy questionnaire and brief sessions notes for as long as we are working together. After therapy has finished, We will retain these documents for a further five years in case you decide to return to therapy with us, and which is also a requirement of my indemnity insurance, and then after which the documents will be destroyed.
- You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. All requests have a month to be carried out.
In the event of a data breach
- We have a legal obligation to report a data breach to you and the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) within 72 hours.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations. For example, we may be required to share information based on legal requirements in matters related to issues such as the safeguarding of vulnerable adults or children, violence or terrorism and so forth.
Changes to the GDPR agreement
Consent to the GDPR agreement
- Your use and undertaking of the services of Rad Swierkowski at Tapping School constitutes your approval and acceptance of this agreement, and are consenting to our use, and storage of your personal information, you have disclosed to us, as detailed above. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.